MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Feeling Stupid but here is the question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After I download the files and unzip them. Can I set up the forum like a want then? Or do I have to set it up Via the Server. NOTE: I am using a remote server like most people. But I was hoping to set up the forum and test it some before I send it to the server. I only ask this because I will have an extra link to a page that will be another data base for companies that wish to advertise on the forum. These people will be advertised on a side bar and can change on each new page load. Can I do this with your software?
You can set it up on your local PC by using something like WAMP ( http://www.wampserver.com/ ) or you could just upload it to a strangely named folder on the server, such as "yellow_unicorn" and install as normal.
Just so you get a good feel of how things will work on a live environment, taking into consideration the 'lag' and all. Smile

And yes, once you have MyBB you can do with it as you please, except removing the copyright or distributing it without giving MyBB credit of course. Toungue

Best of luck.
And personally, I reccomend XAMPP if your going to be installing it on your own computer.
(2008-09-08, 05:05 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]And personally, I reccomend XAMPP if your going to be installing it on your own computer.
Yeah I know WAMP isn't the best, but it's always the only one I can remember. Toungue
Thanks Tiki.