MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ip addresses in the Mod cp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How can i stop the Mods from seeing these ip addresses, i went to user groups /mods permissions i believe was the area, and checked the check-boxes , never found anything that pertained to ips being viewed.
Admin CP --> Users & Groups --> Groups --> Edit the Moderators usergroup - There is a setting in the Misc section for the WOL IP addresses.

Admin CP --> Forum & Posts --> *select Moderators from the Options menu* - For each moderator there is a "Can View IP" permission.

I think supermods/admins are able to view all IPs.
did that,,,
and the ips still showed up? i just saved the settings again and will dbl check again...
thanks again dennis...
It seems there is no IP protection in the ModCP, so any moderator can see IP addresses... there is in moderation.php though, so if they click on an IP address in threadview then they're given a permission denied (although I've edited how this works, so not sure whether this is strictly true)...

Another thing - If I remove a Moderator from a forum (despite she's only selected to moderate that forum) it will not remove her from the Moderator group - ultimately still giving them access to the ModCP... not tested this anywhere else though so might just be me!

Rolleyes
Thanks a great deal Dennis and^^^^, I didnt see the second option in the beginning. or ? either way Thanks and i will adjust this, excellent support once again! thanks MYBB Staff and Members.

should be a plug in.