MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I change title in browser?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I do not want my 'board name' to be the title showing in the browser on my index.php page (homepage). When I change the board name in admincp > configuration > board settings, the name of the link in the navigation bar changes. I know why, I just can't figure out how to change the title in the browser. I'm using the default template for MyBB 1.4.

Thank you-
There is a code line linke:
<title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']}</title>
in all site templates.
But as you can see, this sould use the board name you entered in the acp. So first try to clear your browser's cache.
You can change {$mybb->settings['bbname']} to whatever you want and it'll show that.
Can't I just clear <title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']}</title> and type in the title I want between the <title> tags? I've tried doing this already by editing the 'index' template the way I mentioned above. I can leave the board name set to what I've entered in the settings. I don't want the board name to be the title in the browser on the index page. I don't care about the rest of the pages.
(2008-09-09, 03:48 PM)snclenney Wrote: [ -> ]Can't I just clear <title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']}</title> and type in the title I want between the <title> tags? I've tried doing this already by editing the 'index' template the way I mentioned above. I can leave the board name set to what I've entered in the settings. I don't want the board name to be the title in the browser on the index page. I don't care about the rest of the pages.

That is exactly what I said to do HuhRolleyes
Oh, well it doesn't work when I do it that way, even after I clear the browser cache.
Well it does for me.

<title>Title Here</title> should work.
Alright, then. Thanks for your help.