MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Few issues I need help with on my new forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I FINALLY got my forum working, it helps that I am using a free server as opposed to trying to do it on my computer, please visit the site at www.intelligentravings.com so you can critique it and help me make changes. I want to put a chat on it, how do I do it? Is it attached as a plug in? Also what chat would be good to use? One on a forum I used to go on said "flash chat" at the top, not sure where it was from but it was really good.
Alright it is now apparently...
Can someone answer this? Lack of a chat room is really holding my forum back...
(2008-09-11, 10:03 PM)Libertiordeth Wrote: [ -> ]Alright it is now apparently...

I can list a dozen things holding your forum back and a chat room isn't on the list. Wink

I would start with basic things like:
Unique Theme, Logo, Content, etc...
(2008-09-13, 01:09 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-09-11, 10:03 PM)Libertiordeth Wrote: [ -> ]Alright it is now apparently...

I can list a dozen things holding your forum back and a chat room isn't on the list. Wink

I would start with basic things like:
Unique Theme, Logo, Content, etc...

Ahh yes I forgot to ask how to change the logo. I have a friend who can help me with it though...
There is nothing original or interesting about your forum. You're not going to find any success in creating another "general" board.
(2008-09-13, 04:10 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]There is nothing original or interesting about your forum. You're not going to find any success in creating another "general" board.

It's not THAT general. The synopsis is on the portal, www.intelligentravings.com/portal.php, friend is going to redirect it directly to the portal tomorrow. Basically a forum for young adults and teens (of which tehre are a lot of forums based on) but for intellectual discussions mainly, which most aren't.
So how exactly do I ad a chat room and which one do I use? Is it uploaded as MyCode?