MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I want forum rules to display in threads as well
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, I've set some rules for a forum and I want these rules to appear in every thread within that forum but the only option I see is:

Quote:display rules for this forum on the thread listing

Anyways, if someone can help me code around this, I'd appreciate it as I intend to use this to bump the seo a bit on my boards.
well you have separate rules for each thread ????
Rolleyes
Quote:I intend to use this to bump the seo a bit on my boards.
Try this... Add an announcment to that forum and they should show at the top of each thread if you put {$announcments} (or whatever the variable is, I can't check right now) at the top of the showthread template.
Nope, adding {$announcments} to the showthread template has no effect. I even tried adding {$rules} with no effect either. I have a feeling this one might have to be a mod, aka editing the showthread.php file and the showthread template.
That was a complete guess anyway Toungue I somehow seem to remember seeing announcements on the thread page, maybe this was on a VB forum I sometimes check... I'll try and see if I can find a way of putting it in.
ok thanks. Goodluck with it. And also, this would be excellent for seo. Example, put a descriptive line about music and a few more of your keywords in the (rules) box. Big Grin and so on & so forth.Big Grin
Try {$forum['rules']}
Thanks, that got it to render the text but not the rules table
Example thread: http://codeshq.site88.net/bomberman-2-t-336.html
<table>
<td>Rules</td>
<td>{$forum['rules']}</td>
<table>

I have a feeling it may be more than that though Toungue
Pages: 1 2