MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I make it so that (Automatic Thread Subscriptions)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So that if anyone posts in a certain thread, they are automatically subscribed to it? and have to turn off the option in their CP if they don't want it?

Thanks.
You subscribe to threads you post in automatically by default... to remove subscriptions, go to the Thread Subscriptions bit in your UCP.
No I need to make it that way for all my users. I want all of them to be subscribed to the threads they post in. IF they don't want that they could go and set it in their UCP so that they don't get subscribed.

What I want, in better words, is that people be subscribed to the threads they post in by default.
Yes, they do by default, when you post, you are subscribed to that thread.

Quote:What I want, in better words, is that people be subscribed to the threads they post in by default.

That is exactly what happens anyway, and exactly what I said in my first post, almost word for word actually RolleyesRolleyesRolleyes
I want to make it that way for ALL MY USERS automatically. I don't want them to manually go and do it, I want to make it that way by default.
It is!!! When a user signs up, when the post, they subscribe to that thread.
I'm bringing this one back from it's grave Toungue Is the thread subscription still automaticly turned on for every new registered user in 1.4?
No, I was wrong on this, I thought it was default as it happened to me here and to a few other people at the time that 1.4 first came out.

I think you can change what option is selected by default by editing the registration template, most people don't change those options when they register.
I can't seem to find anything about it in the ACP. Does it need to be changed in the actual template of the registration page? I can't even find a template that's about the registration page :s
It's in the member templates, member_register. I 'think' (and it is only that) that if you go down to the 3 options for thread subscribing, and after the <option value="#" (where # is 0, 1, or 2, depending on the option) add selected="selected". I read somehwere how to change the option that is automatically selected and I think it was that.
Pages: 1 2