MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Topic rating, modification
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everybody,

I wanna make the rating stars on the "view forum" page just 2 minus \ plus icons, and use the stars only on the "view topic" pages.

I'm a newbie in MyBB, so help as much as you can.

Regards,
2 minus and 2 plus icons? Can you show a screenshot of how this will look?

I don't think this is possible without a modification because it seems like you're trying to change the functionality of the ratings system.
Hi,

Something like the attached. I wanna keep the stars on the "view topic" page though.

Regards,
Hi !

No one has any idea?!
Not me but i like it and i want it Big Grin
I am not sure but I think this would require a lot of modification. It's dangerous too as so much is integrated with the ratings now. An update could destroy the changes to templates as well. I have to discourage this for you..sorry.
Hello!

I'm also interested in modification like this. Instead of 5 stars rating - which was abandoned by Youtube of all people - I would like just like/dislike buttons.

Maybe it would be possible to do something like this if middle 3 stars would be removed from thread display, and if calculation of thread rating would be changed and somehow displayed.

For instance:
1 like/0 dislike = 100% rating
4 like/4 dislike = 50% rating
2 like/8 dislike = 20% rating, etc.