MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PR2 Bug Upload Restrictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Attach Types .zip set to 10mb.
Cache 'reads' .zip 10204.

Upload chmod tried both 777 & 755 (thought it may be a permission thing).

Can't upload a 2.2mb .zip file prior to, or after the 686 upgrade. I got to
1.53mb (that's the closest I could find to 2mb).

So the restrictions appear to be still in place... Mmmmm ? Toungue
wouldn't this still be a limitation of php-settings rather than MyBB? I seem to remember there being a setting for max filesize there somewhere...

cheers,
Kimmo
I thought that was related to the Db as a restriction. Sending the uploads to a DIR was supposed to overcome this as the Db is only supposed to supply the link to it and not concern itself about the size of it....

Don't know ? But it's useless as it is. Sad

The max-file setting is in the 'attach type', and if what you say is correct, it may as well be locked at 2mb for .zip. But I do think it's a bug / upgrade that hasn't been addressed.
PHP (e.g. php.ini) also has it's file upload limitations, if I'm correct.
If you have your own server, you can make uploads as big as you want. You just need to configure your php.ini to do so. If you set your MyBB limit to 1GB, but PHP can only handle 1mb, you're only going to get 1mb. And the php.ini limit varies for each server.
Thank you Dennis,

Coming from you, one can appreciate the information as absolute fact. I was under the impression it was a Db problem, and that's why the uploads were changed to a path.

Now I know different. Wink
It appears that this restriction doesn't apply to Perl-based forums, as I've just re-tested one, and one can upload huge files.. 20mb-plus.

So moving the uploads to a MyBB DIR, doesn't overcome the php.ini or Db restrictions after all.

It's a pity really, as I've made some PR2 mods that I was going to release when the "official.... by any other name" version of Gold was finally released.

Shoutbox... Integrated.
Spell Checker... Integrated.
Six separate pages of extra clickable smilies by category... Integrated.
Chat.. Integrated with PR2 themes, the only outstanding thing at the moment is parsing the 'user' to the log-in applet.

Here's a couple of pics... You may want to pursue them ?

They look good, specially the spell check think and the one for the smileys Smile. How many languages does the spell check support?
The spell-checker supports about 74 different languages. And like the original one I did, it checks anywhere there is text input.

And the smilies I'm using at the moment have about 500 clickable smilies altogether. They also don't use the database, but they do use all of the other MyBB functions such as themes etc.
Quote:It appears that this restriction doesn't apply to Perl-based forums, as I've just re-tested one, and one can upload huge files.. 20mb-plus.
That's simply because your version of Perl isn't restricting it or configured to do so.

Quote:So moving the uploads to a MyBB DIR, doesn't overcome the php.ini or Db restrictions after all.
Of course it doesn't - it's a limit set in the PHP configuration. Moving attachments to the filesystem was simply to free them from the database.