MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Portal Redirect.. Do I need Cpanel?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My board uses cpanel, but for some reason I have a hard time accessing it.
I have found the /inc folder, but there does not appear to be a plugin section inside it, and the /inc folder is only 4kb.... even my image folder shows as only having 4kb, when I know that cant be, as I have pics uploaded from the webhoster that I used to use.
I really want to redirect my site so that the Portal is the page that comes up.
I am such a noob when it comes to computer stuff.
Is there a way I can redirect the portal without having to get into my cpanel?
I was going to upload the plugin made by DennisTT but because I am not sure if i can just upload the plugin into my /inc folder when there appears to be nothing in it (indeed when i click on it, through file manager legacy, it is empty. if I use reg file manager it wont open it at all)
Any help would be appreciated, and I apologize for bringing up a topic that has already been discussed so many times. I have infact searched and read though all the portal redirect topics to see if one of the options would work for me, but cant seem to figure it out.
Shilo
./inc/ can't be empty or your forum wouldn't work.

And you need CPanel to set up a redirect, but not FTP/File Manager, which is where you seem to be looking.

If you tell me exactly what you want to do, and PM me the relevant details, I will gladly set it up for you and tell you how to do it.
Thank you Matt for your help.
It works fine!
Now, I would like to find where to change the redirect setting to zero so that it keeps the portal page as the default page.
I have enough links to the main forum on the portal page that it shouldnt need extra links.
Sorry, I'll reply to your PM in a bit, got a lot on right now.
If you click configuration, it's the second setting group down... click it, and change the setting to 0... I think you can leave it as it is, but to make sure they always go to the portal first, it needs to be 0, and then you need that other link. You could just edit the current link with the new URL. You NEED the new one if you set the time to 0.
Yes, I like the portal first, even for myself because at a glance I can see all the new posts, just makes it easier.
The new url.. is that the one in code that i pm'd you?
If you tell me where to put it, I think I can manage. Smile
Yeah that one... you need to find wherever the link to the forum from the portal is, and replace that link to the new one. This way people won't get redirected to the portal all the time.
hmm. ok so simply using terraspirit.ca/index.php in my links from the Portal Page wont bypass that?
I would imagine that after posting a message in the forum, if one were to click on the main title again, it would just redirect them to the portal? hmm.... good thing I didnt get ahead of myself and just change the settings to zero without reading this first Big Grin

So THIS is what you are talking about?
Code:
<a href="index.php?noredirect">Forum Index</a>

Or do I just need to put a different url on my portal page...somewhere?
Yes, i know you are busy. I have three teens, a hubby and a one year old.. ALL whom probably wish I would find better things to do with my time that obsess over a portal LOL
Take your time, and get back to me only when it is not an inconvenience. Smile
Yeah, unless that new link is in, people will go to the portal every time they click anything, which won't be too good Toungue
LOL
Well, it could be fun... ok, no seriously.
So, dpo I put that code in MyPortal templates somewhere?
Maybe index page templates? Or in Navigation on MyPortal?
Well, you can change the link that the header image links to in your header template.
Pages: 1 2