MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to make the portal your index page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi

this is very simple, just open your .htaccess file (not the htaccess.txt) and add this at the top of the file

DirectoryIndex portal.php index.php index.html index.htm

that's all

salutes!!!
Where would I find the place to put this? And can this work while the plugin is activated?
I re-set the time to 0 as suggested in a previous thread, but it still only redirects when the cookies are cleared.
You could put this anywhere. Yes, you can have a plugin activated.
Just wondering because I already have DennisTT MyPortal redirect, but it is not redirecting. It is set at default to only redirect every 20 hours, but even if I change it to zero, it still doesnt redirect unless its your first visit of the day, or cookies are cleared. So I didnt want to conflict the plugin.
p.s.
Where do i find the .htaccess file?
(2008-09-11, 11:14 PM)Moonrise Wrote: [ -> ]Just wondering because I already have DennisTT MyPortal redirect, but it is not redirecting. It is set at default to only redirect every 20 hours, but even if I change it to zero, it still doesnt redirect unless its your first visit of the day, or cookies are cleared. So I didnt want to conflict the plugin.
p.s.
Where do i find the .htaccess file?

in the root of your site, enter with your ftp to the root and there is the .htaccess
well, I found the .htaccess, but it is not a file, it shows just as a bunch of text (icon is a piece of paper with writing on it)
the .htaccess is a file with nothing inside
well you can add the string in the .htaccess (download e re-upload it) but remember to use 644 chmod Wink
exactly
i see it....
but how to make some edition on it?
Pages: 1 2