MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Email Subscription
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to get MyBB to email users information on new threads in the same way that, say Google groups would (I realise the two are vastly different)

What I would like is for MyBB to off the option of a user being notified of all new threads/post via an email. This could either be as a regular digest (daily?) or each time something new happens on the forum.

I am not talking about subscribing to a particular thread, rahter getting an email overview of the days happenings. Is this at all possible?
I have this on my project list. Some sort of "newsletter" style plugin.
Such a plugin would be great. Like the daily email subscription feature of vB.
Ha, I was going to suggest the newsletter plugin Toungue
I agree that would be evry useful.
The newsletter plugin does not work with 1.4, nor with the same functionality as a digest. This would be awesome as my users just switched from Yahoo Groups to MyBB, where a daily digest is preferred to see what new messages are on the board (since they aren't RSS users).
This thread is almost 3 months old.... I don't know why so many dead threads have been bumped recently.

If you want a plugin, reuqest one here.

Edit: I see you've already bumped another 3 month old thread there too so I can't see why this bump was necesary.