MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Video Plugin/Code
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, I had an idea to start online video tutorials, but I don't want to use a video hoster to upload to then embed it to my site... Instead I want a code or a plugin so that the video embedded is from my server, does anyone no how to do it though?
One was submitted to the mods section today.

EDIT: that only works for external sites it seems... hmm...
I hate to discredit a good idea, but honestly, I really think you shouldn't host your own videos.

Not only do videos take up masses of space, if it proves to be popular, it can be a bandwidth killer too. All good if you're on a decent dedicated though...

I can think of a few alternatives. If you want to host your own videos, you can use an array of tags to embed the video on the page. It depends how you want to do it - but a custom myCode would probably do the trick. Check out the W3Schools page on embedding media files.

The other thing I can think of is to host your videos on Youtube, and use their APIs to put the videos on your site. Check out this section on their site:

YouTube APIs and Tools

You can even create a "custom player"... pretty cool stuff from last time I used it... Toungue
Keep it in mind, the vids are only for tutorials so there not much space involved anyway!