MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: login problemns in IE and FF, works in Opera
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello there Smile

i am testing myBB 1.4.1 on XAMPP, upgraded from 1.2.14, then used the Purge script -thanks Paretje-, and using the default theme, the problem is:
-in FF and IE, when i log in, the redirect shows, says that i have successfully been logged in, then the forum appears again, and i am still logged out
-in FF and IE, when in ACP, i have to enter username and password for every link i click, it doen't keep me logged in

the strange thing is that everything works flawlessly in opera, all templates are untouched, default theme
cookies deleted, cache deleted, cookie settings are correct, i am sure

FF3.0.1, IE 8 Beta, compatibility mode, and normal mode, Opera 9.51 Build 10081

any help will be appreciated, i tried searching over and over, but can't find a solution Shy
This has been bought up a lot... make sure cookies are allowed and that security settings are set to low... basically go through the settings, tell it to allow everything, then delete your cookies, close your browser, and try again.
(2008-09-12, 09:36 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]This has been bought up a lot... make sure cookies are allowed and that security settings are set to low... basically go through the settings, tell it to allow everything, then delete your cookies, close your browser, and try again.

thanks for the reply, i'll try again and see how it goes.
didn't work, any other solution?

i turned security settings in IE to low, cleared cache and cookies, restarted, but didn't make a difference Huh

thanks though...
i tried installing Afresh sky by Justin S., no difference

is there anything else i could try?
blanking cookie domain corrected it, those settings used to work in 1.2.14 though, thanks anyway