MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help with overclocking my RAM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have no idea how it will be
I have read about it allot and still dont know what do with the fields
If i have to i will post images of my bios ram settings so that u can tell me what to change so that ram gets faster
What kind of RAM do you have (Speed, type, amount, slots used/free)?

I'm taking a wild guess that you have very little knowledge of PCs so I'm going to help you out with this a bit. Overclocking your RAM will speed your PC up by a few extra seconds and with your current knowledge will probably kill your PC in a month or so. My advice is upgrade your RAM to something faster or get a new motherboard that supports something faster. You're RAM can only be clocked as fast as your FSB so you might as well buy some RAM that runs at that speed (it's dirt cheap these days, you can pick up 2GB of DDR2 Dual Channel for less than $50). If you're looking for performance then adding more RAM will increase it much more than making it faster (3GB @ 800MHz is better than 2GB @ 1066MHz). Another option is looking for the bottleneck on your system. If you're CPU and RAM are top of the line but you're still running a PATA hard drive then replacing the hard drive with a SATA will boost your performance more than adding a few MHz to your RAM or CPU.
Ya, I agree with KuJeo. If don't know what your doing don't do it. It won't be worth it in the end.
I know what i am doing i just dont know how
The numbers that are in the bios have to be set perfectly no the way u want em to be
DRAM:FSB-5:4
You know what you're doing yet are asking for help and providing no information that could help us help you? Wink

I'll ask again...
(2008-09-13, 11:33 PM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]What kind of RAM do you have (Speed, type, amount, slots used/free)?

Also, what kind of motherboard and current BIOS firmware to save time.
2x512MB A-data(or V-data) PC3200 DDR SDRAM
2 used, 2 free
Like I said before, adding more RAM will be easier, safer, and give better results than attempting to overclock. But if you have your heart set on overclocking it... what's the make and model of your motherboard and the current BIOS firmware?
Even though ram isnt very expensive for agp boards
I really must say that i dont have enough money

BIOS Type - AMI
BIOS Ver. - P1.20
RAM - 2x512MB A-data, 2 ransk 4 banks, DDR SDRAM, 64bit, pc3200(200mhz)
dont over lock it then because you just end going to have to buy more. its not a good idea to over lock ram. cpu but not ram it not going to make the computer much faster ever
(2008-09-14, 10:03 AM)dikidera Wrote: [ -> ]Even though ram isnt very expensive for agp boards
I really must say that i dont have enough money

BIOS Type - AMI
BIOS Ver. - P1.20
RAM - 2x512MB A-data, 2 ransk 4 banks, DDR SDRAM, 64bit, pc3200(200mhz)
You can't overclock it anyways. You're motherboard doesn't appear to support your current RAM speed, so overclocking won't do anything.

You're current RAM speed (DDR 3200) is supposed to be 400MHz, you're motherboard is clocking it down to 200MHz (DDR 1600). If you get a new motherboard with a Front Side Bus (FSB) of 400Mhz or more, then you'll see a 200% increase in speed naturally.
Pages: 1 2