MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Editor Javascript Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Bug: Javascript Error

How to reproduce:

1 - Create a new thread or post a new reply
2 - Click the field: Thread Subject
3 - Click in the editor text area

I´m using Internet Explorer 7.

-----------

Error message:

Line: 691
Character: 26
Error: Invalid Argument
Print screen??
It's just a Javascript error - it can be viewed in the error console on the browser.

Only seems to be for IE though - Firefox works OK (no surprise there though?! Toungue)...
Well there's no link so I can't see it.
Don't think he really needs to give a link - you can replicate it yourself (even on these forums) with any IE browser (including IE8)...

[Image: jserroreq2.jpg]

My JS knowledge is severly limited to jQuery, so no idea what this points to... although with some rough testing it doesn't seem to interfere with anything...
I hope this will be fixed in the next MyBB version.
It's your browser, not MyBB.
(2008-09-16, 07:11 AM)chrischristian Wrote: [ -> ]I hope this will be fixed in the next MyBB version.

how?
MyBB will have to Develop some browser or something?

I guess Zinga is working on it Smile
(2008-09-16, 09:49 AM)MyBBmodding Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-09-16, 07:11 AM)chrischristian Wrote: [ -> ]I hope this will be fixed in the next MyBB version.

how?
MyBB will have to Develop some browser or something?

I guess Zinga is working on it Smile

I don´t know.

MyBB is the only forum software with non rich text editor that has this type of errors in the post editor. So, I don´t think "it´s my browser".
Well, I have tried it in all 5 browsers, and it works perfectly fine, ergo, it is your browser.
Pages: 1 2