MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Coming Soon] MyBBPress
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OK, I'll start with a little scenario Smile

Little Johnny was very happy. He had just gotten his 10,000th member on his MyBB forums! Who wouldn't be? He had come to grow and love MyBB so much, he didn't dare try any other software.

One day, he decided to look at some blogging softwares. "Maybe I should try blogging?" he says. And then he finds Wordpress. He loves the look of wordpress, he loves how it acts, but the only thing he doesn't like is the administrative control panel.

He says, "There's not enough features!" And then he thinks, "Why don't I make a blog out of a MyBB forum? It will have the sleek design and interface of Wordpress, but the full features of MyBB!

And thus, he founded MyBBPress.

PS: No my name isn't Johnny

Either way, let's get down to it:

What is MyBBPress?
MyBBPress is a modified MyBB Board that, from the reader's point of view, looks and feels like a Wordpress Blog.

Is this gonna be hard to install?
Because I still know close to nothing of PHP, and its more than a simple plugin, this will probably take 10-20 minutes to install.

It's gonna include modified PHP plugins, .htaccess edits, major template changes (this you can just import), and also setting changes.

Why are you not posting this in the Plugin forum?
Because I'm a more HTML kind of guy. Smile This will rely mostly on HTML Templates than it will on PHP, although those will definitely help.

Would MyBBPress be right for me?
MyBBPress is really meant for a few users or one user to post, and a bunch of users to comment (Like any other blog). If you have a normal active MyBB Board, it's gonna be pretty bad, since there will be what looks like Blog Posts every ten seconds with hundreds of comments a day. (NOT good)

Why else is this good?
If you decide to use this for a blog, and want to connect it with a normal forum, I'm sure it will be much easier to combine the users and groups with two MyBB forums than a MyBB forum and a Wordpress Blog.

When will this be released?
I'm currently working on the main design right now, not the layout. An Alpha will probably be released soon.

What other MyBB projects like this are you working on?
I'm also working on a modified version of MyBB called MyJobBoard.
(Read About it Here)

Over and out.
sounds good... i will wait for it...
Good luck with it.
This sounds great! I've given up on there ever being a MyBB Bridge to Wordpress or any other platform so this would fit the bill for people like me!
Sounds like an interesting project.

I'll keep my eye on it Smile
Funny, I've been working on the same project Wink

I'm converting my forum to look like a blog.
You done anything with this?
I've been real busy lately, but I plan on starting it right after I finish something with my forum.
(2008-09-15, 02:17 AM)phocis850 Wrote: [ -> ]Funny, I've been working on the same project Wink

I'm converting my forum to look like a blog.

(2008-10-04, 07:08 PM)phocis850 Wrote: [ -> ]You done anything with this?

What about you?
Any updates?
Pages: 1 2