MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: All problems on my forum (detailed) - HELP needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, here it goes. I've upgraded my forum to 1.4. a while ago, and with the upgrade also came some bugs. Below is the list of them all (well, at least of the ones I've noticed so far).

Link to my forum is HERE. If you need to log in there is a test account with user name: Tester and password: 123456

Here are the problems:

1. EDITING message - I remember before, when I wanted to edit a message I had two options (quick edit and full edit) now i don't have that options any more. When i press edit it automatically goes to full edit. What to do? --> SOLVED

2. SMILIES (emoticons) don't work when I click on them. --> SOLVED

3. There is no TEXT EDITOR when writing a message --> SOLVED

4. CALENDAR is also weird, with some weird colors

5. In USER CP the number of written posts is bigger than the real numbers of messages written on forum. --> SOLVED

6. THREAD RATING is also weird, the stars and numbers are overlapping (see here at the bottom)

7. MODERATORS IN COLORS - since i have vBulletin theme installed, I have moderators on the right of the index page assigned to every forum. But all of them are in the same color (like regular users) and i would like them to be in the right color (in the color that i assigned to moderators, super moderators etc).

8. THREAD ICONS on the index page - i always have the same icon on the index page next to a thread name, i would like that to change so that thread icons can be shown the same as they are on thread (ah, i hope someone understand what i'm trying to say Smile

9. How to LOCK certain forum? --> SOLVED

That's it for now, if i discover something else i will add it here. Please try to answer me as detailed as you can, and answer with numbers (write a number of question and an answer after it).

Thank you all.
No's 1 - 3 sound like JavaScript issues. You mention that you are using a vB theme, has this theme been converted to 1.4?
No 9 - Edit the settings of the forum you want locked, and untick 'Forum is Open?'.
No 6 - look in the sticky thread I made, use the CSS there and see if that sorts it out for you.
No 7 - You mean have them in their colours on the index page?? http://mods.mybboard.net/view/username-style
No 4 - make sure your calendar templates are default.
No 5 - in the ACP, go to Tools and Maintenance, Recount & Rebuild, and do the first 4.
No 8 - I'm not 100% sure what you mean here, but if you upload a different image with the same name as the current one, you can have different images in those places.
is this theme came from 1.2.x with upgrader?
if yes did you ever try revert themplates? i think can solve some problems
(2008-09-14, 05:07 PM)MrDoom Wrote: [ -> ]mention that you are using a vB theme, has this theme been converted to 1.4?

Nop.
I just asked FFW (she's the creator of my theme) to update it. If she won't I will have to figure it out myself, with help of myBB community of course Smile
Well the reason nothing works is because of your theme then. Use one that actually works for 1.4 and see if problems go.
I understand that, but I would really like to use this theme.
Well either delete it and wait for it to be updated, or keep it and put up with the problems.
(2008-09-14, 06:21 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Well either delete it and wait for it to be updated, or keep it and put up with the problems.

I will wait few days for FFW to reply, then I will write here again and tell you if the problems are gone.