MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpmyadmin + database recovery: help? (pics included)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings,

I wanted to upgrade the forum to 1.4.9, but it went wrong. Now I want to recover the forum with my backup, but I have no idea how to do it. The wiki is not clear about it. I want to use the phpmyadmin feature to recover the database.

I'm confused on how the database file type has to be. Can I just put it in as .rar archive into phpmyadmin? It's 30+ MB, and max is 8.1 MB... So I have to split it up. Mind you, I did that already and it didn't work out. I can do it again and give the error message.

This is how the files are shown on my pc:
pic1
backup in the unzipped map

I can get to phpmyadmin, and it says in the wiki I have to go to Mysql or to Import. The import does indeed have the ability to upload things, probably databases:
phpmyadmin
import page on phpmyadmin

Can anyone tell me what I have to do?

I tried to just import the whole database in one go, I get the error message that it's too big. When I split it up in part small enough, it gives me some kind of error too (I'd have to do it again to get error message - I forgot).

Thanks for reading and any help is appreciated!

Also: this is what I get for the forum:
forum adress
This for admin login for forum:
admin login
And this for the 1.4.1 upgrade page:
upgrade page

*note: when I delete install folder with ftp I get empty page for forum (like the upgrade page now) but I can login with into admin cp.

Cheers,
-MV
You upload 1.2.x to your file manager.
The backup (just the one file) using PHPMyAdmin after running the installer.
Why do you want to go back to 1.2 anyway?? Support will shortly end for it.
(2008-09-14, 06:26 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]You upload 1.2.x to your file manager.
The backup (just the one file) using PHPMyAdmin after running the installer.
Why do you want to go back to 1.2 anyway?? Support will shortly end for it.

I don't understand. I haven't got the files of 1.2.9 (my version currently) on my pc (I can download it here somewhere I guess). Still note, I have got a forum already.... 1000+ members and 40.000 posts... I want it back.

If I want to have it back, do I have to reinstall the forum software and then run the backup on phpmyadmin?

I don't want to go back to 1.2.9... but I have no idea why the pages don't show up on the links provided either. So I'd like to retry to update at a later time.

Cheers,
-MV
I PM'd you, I think I can help you Smile
So with the help of Matt I emptied my server.

-I installed 1.4 software
-deleted tables in phpmyadmin
- got the forum backup back in (the tables in phpmyadmin). The backup tables were run on version 1.2.9.
- And now I want to upgrade to 1.4.1 .

So I'm at the install/upgrade.php page, and it asks me which version I run. Now, what is it? Do I have to put in '1.4' because I installed the forum software of 1.4 or 1.2.9, because my backup forum tables are run on version 1.2.9?
Always put what you are coming from, what the backup is from.
Hmm thanks for that.

I've done the upgrade, but when I looked away for a second the page showed a failed connection page... I wanted to check if the upgrade was done, but I can't get into admin cp either !

It gives me sql error 1054:

For trying to enter the forum:
SQL Error: 
1054 - Unknown column 'properties' in 'field list' 
Query: 
SELECT name, tid, properties, stylesheets FROM mybb_themes WHERE tid='2' LIMIT 

For trying to login at admin cp:
SQL Error: 
1054 - Unknown column 'coppauser' in 'field list' 
Query: 
SELECT uid,username,password,salt,loginkey,remember,coppauser FROM mybb_users WHERE username='Master Vampire' LIMIT 1 

Can anyone help?
I assume you select to upgrade from 1.2.9, don't you?

Quote:when I looked away for a second the page showed
Second page of your forum? second page of the upgrade?
A second as in time Rolleyes
LOL, thanks again Matt_ (English it's not my mother tongue) Wink

Master Vampire it's not done, so the DB it's not upgraded and so become the error.