MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How is it that no one has ever had this prob???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I try to go to the site www.shitcanpolitics.com/forum I get a bizarre pop up that says SERVER www.shitcanpolitics.com MESSAGE User Backups and then it prompts me for name and password. NOT my BB name and password, but my hosting Name and PW. My host says everything is configured correct on their side. Any ideas???
In the control panel (cpanel) there may be password protect directory options.
Good guess, but nope. Thanks for the try Smile
Instead of /forum make a new directory like /testforum. And see if it is also gets a password. If not just make a new directory. Reinstall the forum. And if it is heavily populated then just go into settings and point it back to the old database. If not then just leave it and start over from scratch.
Don't know if you've fixed or are fixing the problem, but for me it says;
Quote:MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.

Error Type:
MyBB Error (40)
Error Message:
Your board has not yet been installed and configured. Please do so before attempting to browse it.

Which means you didn't run the installation procedure yet, and your board isn't installed

Click here; http://www.shitcanpolitics.com/forum/install/ and click Next> through all the steps, and fill in with your information.

Make sure to delete the http://www.shitcanpolitics.com/forum/install/ directory when you are finished!

Hope this helps! Big Grin
Seems to be working fine now. Good work.

I would suggest getting a real host, though. Having that GoDaddy garbage on top is very unattractive and turns me away rather quickly.
I was talking to cam yesterday about this, it's very weird, in IE it lets you in, but in other browsers, it needs the CPanel password... maybe there's some htaccess file somewhere?? Huh
(2008-09-15, 09:45 AM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]It's very weird, in IE it lets you in, but in other browsers, it needs the CPanel password... maybe there's some htaccess file somewhere?? Huh

HTACCESS should block everyone, regardless of browser... unless they have it setup in some wierd and wacky way. Who would ever think of blocking non-IE users... crazy! Unless Microsoft are bypassing it somehow (wouldn't surprise me)...

I've done no research at all on this, but of goDaddy has cPanel or something similar, then look at the "Password Protect Directories" setup, and see if there's anything there.

Crazy suggestion, but are you (hot)linking to an image in a directory that is password protected? If you are, then it'll need the password to load the content...
I'm using Safari 3.0 and Seamonkey on mac works fine now.