MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Language variables for post buttons...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In one my latest themes, I opted to use HTML buttons instead of images. The idea was I wouldn't have mess around in Photoshop, could improve accessibility and load time for dial-up users. I'm not asking for buttons in MyBB to switched to HTML, because most themes are better off with images. Simple themes like my Dark Intentions, however, could benefit. It would be nice to have the option as a designer.

In the current version of my theme, some buttons are hardcoded in English. The way I see it, changing the templates to reflect a different language is no harder than firing up Photoshop and changing the buttons. But imagine this: MyBB themes with HTML buttons that can be instantly translated with any supported MyBB language.

Currently there are some usable alt tag variables for the button images that can be used, but others are descriptions (Send this user an email) instead of a simple name (Email). I'd like to see new language variables that can optionally be used in buttons. So each button (New Thread, New Reply, PM, Email, Warn, Delete, Edit etc etc) will have its own variable in every language pack.

I know this is nit-picky sort of suggestion, but I imagine it would help themers like myself, and would be relatively painless to implement.