MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: help me pls!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
ok i wanna upgrade to PR2.... i dont understand that readme thing..... ggrr im so confused! anyway help?
1. First backup your database.

2. Download the latest version here unzip the MyBB 1.0 PR2 package on your computer and go to Upload/inc and delete the files settings.php and config.php.

3. Upload all files and folders out of the folder "Upload" to your server where you installed MyBB and overwrite all existing files with the new ones. CHMOD the folders "uploads" and uploads/avatars to 777.

4. Go to http://www.yourdomain.tld/pathtomybb/ins...pgrade.php and follow the instructions.
so i gotta delete all my files from the old version, then submit the new version?
Michael83 Wrote:overwrite all existing files with the new ones
No, you don't need to delete the old ones.
so where do i upload the new ones?
Upload the content of the folder "Upload" into the folder on your server where you installed MyBB RC4. So you replace the old files with the new ones. Please remember not to overwrite the files config.php und settings.php as I said in the second post.
ok so how can i make the database backup?
You can use phpMyAdmin. Open your database and click on "Export" at the top navigation.
ok thats confusing. wat exactly i have to do? wow im a noob!

anyway do i NEED to make the database backup or is it just recommended?
The backup is recommended. If the upgrade fails you could restore the database by using the backup.
Pages: 1 2