MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: classic layout
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The problem am having is that...the forum is not switching to classic layout..from CP-->Config-->show thread options--->@display using classic layout-->save. this option is not switching to classic layout..is their something that iam doing wrong..advices needed thanks.
That setting only applies to guests, I think - as far as I know there is no "easy" way to force it on all users.

To update it for yourself, you need to go into User CP -> Edit Options, then under Topic View, select the classic mode option.

There's already a suggestion in future versions to be able to force people to use classic mode, without being able to switch back - I have no idea where this is in terms of development, but for the mean time, you could always run a mySQL query to update the members table, then remove the classic mode option from the userCP...
*sigh* It can't be forced on members, it's just the view guests have and the initial setting for new members. When a user changes it, the ACP settings has no bearing.

Apparently in 1.4.2 there will be a way to force it.
(2008-09-15, 11:28 AM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently in 1.4.2 there will be a way to force it.

Or use mySQL queries if you can't wait... Shy
Or you can make both postbit templates the same so they show the same thing no matter what setting the user has selected, I think that's the easiest way.
Touché...

...thinking about it, that's what I did Blush could be useful for people without access to a database manager...
True, and that can be reveerted with a single click... well maybe 2 clicks Toungue
(2008-09-15, 11:17 AM)tigerclaws316 Wrote: [ -> ]The problem am having is that...the forum is not switching to classic layout..from CP-->Config-->show thread options--->@display using classic layout-->save. this option is not switching to classic layout..is their something that iam doing wrong..advices needed thanks.

I'm having the same problem. It's not really so much about forcing it on anyone. It's that this is a default option in the Admin CP configuration menu, but whichever of the radio buttons is selected, the default view on the forum is the horizontal view. I've tried it several times, but this option doesn't seem to work.
This is an old thread.... and this has been said, probably a hundred time snow, the ACP setting is only for guests and new users.
Sorry Matt. I searched and this is the thread that said exactly what I searched for.

I found the option in the UserCP now, which gives members the choice I was looking for.