MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Disable/Remove Quick Reply
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

Does anyone know of a quick method to remove the quick reply function from displaying on MYBB?

I have the problem where it seems to fall over as discussed on this thread
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-37439-page-3.html

Not sure why its doing it, but would rather not have the quick reply showing and have the loading, please wait hanging screen.

I presume i need to edit one of the templates?

Im getting some stick as "it was ok before you upgraded it" lol

Cheers
They can remove it themselves in their UCP, should be an on/off option in the ACP too.
(2008-09-15, 12:01 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]They can remove it themselves in their UCP, should be an on/off option in the ACP too.

In the ACP, it's under "Show Thread Options", if you want to globally disable it...
(2008-09-15, 12:57 PM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-09-15, 12:01 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]They can remove it themselves in their UCP, should be an on/off option in the ACP too.

In the ACP, it's under "Show Thread Options", if you want to globally disable it...

Thought it was something like that... that's easier than editing the templates.

Unless the UCP settings can overrule the ACP setting??
excellent, thanks guys Smile
sorry to keep banging on about this. Ive removed quick replies for the time being.

But when you do a quick reply it hangs on Loading Please wait, as said before so turned it off.

Yet when i do a Quick Edit and submit, you see the loading please wait briefly appear and the post is edited. No hanging.

Do they not share the same mechanics in terms of quickness?
(2008-09-15, 02:54 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Unless the UCP settings can overrule the ACP setting??

In the interests of common sense, I hope not Toungue

It's quite different coding Sporran, or so a theory would go.

Basically, you're only replacing text in the database, which with AJAX / JSON (I can't remember which one, I think it's AJAX for posting) is a hell of a lot faster and less to update than making a new post.

My guess is there's different datahandlers etc. for it, and so something somewhere is getting effected.

Undecided
(2008-09-16, 07:51 AM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-09-15, 02:54 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Unless the UCP settings can overrule the ACP setting??

In the interests of common sense, I hope not Toungue

Well, the UCP overrides the ACP for postbit options...
(2008-09-16, 09:18 AM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Well, the UCP overrides the ACP for postbit options...

It does, which is why it's being fixed in 1.4.2... Rolleyes

I agree with some of it though, like signatures and avatars... I recoiled when I heard that you can't force people to use "classic" mode... Sleepy
(2008-09-16, 01:04 PM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-09-16, 09:18 AM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Well, the UCP overrides the ACP for postbit options...

It does, which is why it's being fixed in 1.4.2... Rolleyes

I know, and that's my point, it might be the same with this Huh