MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] Blank page with MyBB installation and MySQL4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I've a blank page during installation when trying to connect the MySql v4.0.?? database.

I'v read the previous threads about this problem, updated my files to see the error 1193 on "SET NAMES 'utf-8'" request.

I take a look in the code and see at line 1141 of inc/db_mysql.php the variable $this_link, never used by other php scripts and never initialized.

In method fetch_db_charsets(), I replace the following code:
if($this_link && $this->get_version() < 4.1)
by this one:
if($this->get_version() < 4.1)

Excepted a small warning during the first MySql connection, this update allows to run the complete installation with MySQL 4.0.

Note: This variable is used for MySqli installation.
Sorry, is this when installing MyBB or MySQL??
I updated the thread title.

It's a problem when you install MyBB 1.4 with MySQL4
I 'think' MyBB needs MySQL v5. But this could be something I've made up Toungue
I'll try and find out... *searches*
Nevermind, you can use v4... if you PM me your FTP details and link to your forum, I'll try and see what's what.
MyBB requirements says MySQL 4.0 or above.

See wiki page
Yeah I updated my post yesterday.....

Try reuploading all the install files.
This is a typo.

Replace
$this_link

With
$this->link

Line 1141 is inside the function fetch_db_charsets, and $this_link is not defined. However, a search of the class indicates there is a link attribute accessible as $this->link.
Replace $this_link with $this->link does not work anymore.

I do the test with MyBB 1.4.2 on MySql 4.0.24 (oxyd.fr webhoster)
Thank you for your bug report.

This bug has been fixed in our internal code repository. Please note that the problem will not be fixed here until these forums are updated.

With regards,
MyBB Group