MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: attachments problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm having a bit of a problem with the attachments,

under the Unregistered / Not Logged In group, guests are still able to download attachments even after I ticked no in the Can Download Attachments.

This problem exists from after I restored the backup of the forum.
I tested it on a fresh install and there is no problem with it
Is this a chmod problem? maybe the chmod gets screwed up when restoring databases.
Try rebuilding your usergroups and forumpermissions caches and see if that fixes it.
tried it but didn't work, they still can download attachments
Can you check that it's set both for the usergroup and under the forum permissions? You may need to double check inherited permissions too.
Can you confirm this isn't a plugin issue?

Thanks.
I never have installed plugins on my boards so that can't be it,
and I've rechecked usergroups and permissions and they are ticked so guests can't download
This didn't happen when I installed the first time, its after the backup was restored
Hmm, are you using files store for the datacache? If so, try deleteing all the files in the inc/cache folder (except index.html).
Otherwise, can you double-check in the cache manager, for forumpermissions and usergroups, that Guests (gid=1) have candlattachments set to no (for forumpermissions, the structure is Forum -> Usergroup).
Apart from that, I can't think of much :/
there is nothing in my inc/cache folder except index.html and I've also checked chadlattachments and its set to no.

I was testing this with the restored backup and the new install. One thing I found out though is that the attachments in the upload directory of the restored backup have all chmod values of 777 and any attachments on the new board are 644

Also if I try to change any of my attachments permissions using ftp/file manager it says I'm not allowed
Attachments should be CHMOD 777, or at least 666.
If you're unable to change the permissions, then something must be an issue with your host.

Nonetheless, can you try reuploading a fresh attachment.php ?
I tried it on 3 different hosts and the same result, maybe its the backup or something.
oh well I'll find out someday
If you want to, I can try debugging this if you're willing to PM me FTP details. Otherwise, good luck.
Pages: 1 2