MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Permission View Problem- Guest can view full board even restricted.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My forum: http://www.atlantisclan.freemybb.com/index.php

Problem: I think my ACP has problem with permssion pannel. I clearly unmarked that guest group to be able to see only "Admission" and all "Social Lounge" category. Therefore, I unselected "guest" view, reply, new post, upload in the forums that I want only registered members can access to it. And yes, I saved them too by clicking "save" at the bottom of the screen after the modifications.
[Image: screenshot-1.jpg]

I logged out my admin account just to test if it worked. As you see the following screenshot, a guest still see the forum that I disabled and can enter it and read.

[Image: guestcanview-1.jpg]

And as a guest I know it doesn's allow me posting but I can read all thread. I really don't want that for privacy issues.

I did same to Awaiting Activation group yet, they can fully view my forum.

So how can I disable certain groups viewing forum sections that they shouldn't watch when permission pannel doesn't seem working with my ACP? This was never a problem when I previously used invisionfree.com but I do have hard time with it now.
You have to change the permission of the category and the forum I think.
I did try that (category) too yet still not working....

I find this forum permission system to be basically same concept(layout) as invisionfree ACP if you used invisionfree before. Yet this just frustrates me.

The only solution now it seems is making passworded each forum but that just makes all registerers uncomfortable with typing pw all the time just to view. And it makes forum look ugly and hideous overall.

One more question: I know invisionfree had like support ticket where staffs could work out individually. Is there such system here too?

thanks for answering my questions.

*So far, I really loved MyBB better due to its ad free(thus making forum cleaner), its ease of use, and lots of functionalities other than this problem.*
I am stilll waiting for some answers.

I think I clarified enough for all to understand the problem with screenshots.

So in case, no one knows the answer, is there a specific department that can help or fix?

thank you.
Atlantis, you actually have a free forum hosted with my site, WebringAmerica / freemybb.com. I am aware of the permissions problem on my servers and I am currently looking into how to fix this issue.

For support with your forum I recommend that you view the WebringAmerica Support Forums to get help with your forums. Since we use a custom version of MyBB to host your forum not all of the advise mentioned on these forums may work with your custom forum. At the WebRing support forums I can help you with any issues you may have with your forums.

BMR777