MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: restoring my forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey all,

So I'm not able to restore my forums.
My back up was made in mybb 1.4

I tried importing my back-up to phpmyadmin it wouldn't let me upload some kind of error.
Any ideas what I must do I have uploaded the forum folder from the back up with all the plug ins etc.

` Greetz,

~ Jamie
Upload 1.4 files.
Run installer.
Delete new tables (coz they'll be empty).
Upload backup.
Then it should work.

The first 2 steps may not be totally necessary but it's better to do more than needed rather than less.
k and how do i delete the new tables and where do i get 1.4 or do you mean 1.4.1 with that?

` Tnx btw,

~ Jamie
Use PHPMyAdmin to delete them after the installer... and you get 1.4.1 from the home page here... if you're going from 1.4 to 1.4.1 you'll need the upgrader after installing your backup.
I did this.

uploaded 1.4.1 and installed.
deleted all tables on the forum sql.
uploaded my back up and then I got this error

Quote:SQL-query:

INSERT INTO mybb_adminviews( vid, uid, title,
TYPE , visibility,
FIELDS , conditions, sortby, sortorder, perpage, view_type )
VALUES (
'1', '0', 'All Users', 'user', '2', 'a:7:{i:0;s:6:\"avatar\";i:1;s:8:\"username\";i:2;s:5:\"email\";i:3;s:7:\"regdate\";i:4;s:10:\"lastactive\";i:5;s:7:\"postnum\";i:6;s:8:\"controls\";}', 'a:0:{}', 'username', 'asc', '20', 'card'
);

MySQL retourneerde: Documentatie
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'fields,conditions,sortby,sortorder,perpage,view_type) VALUES ('1','0','All Users' at line 1

` Greetz,

~ Jamie
Did you run the upgrader??
no I didn't I imported the back up in phpmyadmin which did that, where is that upgrader?

` sorry im so silly,

~ Jamie
./install/upgrade.php
uploaded mybb
ok i installed 1.4.1
delete tables
run upgrader and that gave an error

then tried to do upload my back up
Quote:SQL-query:

INSERT INTO mybb_adminviews( vid, uid, title,
TYPE , visibility,
FIELDS , conditions, sortby, sortorder, perpage, view_type )
VALUES (
'1', '0', 'All Users', 'user', '2', 'a:7:{i:0;s:6:\"avatar\";i:1;s:8:\"username\";i:2;s:5:\"email\";i:3;s:7:\"regdate\";i:4;s:10:\"lastactive\";i:5;s:7:\"postnum\";i:6;s:8:\"controls\";}', 'a:0:{}', 'username', 'asc', '20', 'card'
);

MySQL retourneerde: Documentatie
#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'fields,conditions,sortby,sortorder,perpage,view_type) VALUES ('1','0','All Users' at line 1

Guess im doing something wrong sorry!

` Greetz,

~ Jamie
are making a fresh install and them importing you DB??????//
Pages: 1 2