MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My captcha wont show up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tried reupping the captch fonts, no go. Still says image verification where the letters should be. So I try to use the other registration extra safety check and upload the two files and get this when I click on plugins:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '(', expecting '}' in /home/content/s/h/i/shitcan/html/forum/inc/plugins/wnr.php on line 194
if the captcha not working so talk to your host to make sure you have GD installed.
I have 3 other sites, all with the same host. I think the captcha is working, just that the image isnt showing up and reupping the image files didnt help. try to sign up www.shitcanpolitics.com/forum

(2008-09-16, 11:58 PM)pepotiger Wrote: [ -> ]if the captcha not working so talk to your host to make sure you have GD installed.
Your host is trying to put advertisements in the CAPTCHA output, so thus the image is not valid. I suggest you try an ad-free host or disable CAPTCHA.
Oh, ok. Let me ask you this. How can I use the Lex plugin for the extra safety check with the questions?? Any idea? when I put the wnr.php file into plugins, I get an error when I click plugins in the acp which is this:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '(', expecting '}' in /home/content/s/h/i/shitcan/html/forum/inc/plugins/wnr.php on line 194
Getting eaten alive by forum spammers siging up already

(2008-09-17, 02:34 AM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]Your host is trying to put advertisements in the CAPTCHA output, so thus the image is not valid. I suggest you try an ad-free host or disable CAPTCHA.

PS: Could that be the reason I cant use PJIRC chat either?????????? I get a red X. Is host trying to put ad in???????????????????? Driving me bonkers. Have 4 sites with MYBB. Just running into probs with this one.
I'm having the same error! At line 194 of /forum/inc/plugins/wnr.php, change the line from this:
WHERE qkey='{$db->escape_string($mybb->input['wnr_hidden'])}'
To this:
WHERE qkey='{$db->escape_string}($mybb->input['wnr_hidden'])'
And let me know if it helps. Smile