MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: bug in upgrade to 1.4.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
i upgraded mybb on a shared site

the settings are duplicated after upgrade please build a file which will clean it up and make sure its fixed
so when i do the upgrade on my main board it goes throgh clean
This is bogus. This was already fixed (the code that caused the issue was reverted) when the issue was discovered in 1.4.1.

This is an issue of your FTP not updating the install directory files with the new ones. Contact your host.
I upgraded without problems from 1.4.1 to 1.4.2 using the changed files package and upgrade script without any problems. Did you at any point stop or restart the upgrade?
Where is the upgrade script?
(2008-09-17, 01:29 AM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]Where is the upgrade script?

install/upgrade.php
Thanks, I've downloaded the latest zip file from the downloads page (after downloading the "changed files" in the new post thread announcing the changes then uploading them to my forum route directory), in the zip file from the download page I extracted and uploaded the "upgrade.php" file to the install directory, then ran the upgrade through my browser and get this in the ACP...

Quote:Your Version Latest Version
1.4.1 (1401) 1.4.2 (1402)

Your copy of MyBB is out of date. Please upgrade to the latest version of MyBB by visiting the MyBB Website.

I'm not sure what I might be doing wrong.
i upgraded from 1.4.1 and it had dupliced the settings i had uploaded everything correctly

i didn't restart the upgrade
(2008-09-17, 02:04 AM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, I've downloaded the latest zip file from the downloads page (after downloading the "changed files" in the new post thread announcing the changes then uploading them to my forum route directory), in the zip file from the download page I extracted and uploaded the "upgrade.php" file to the install directory, then ran the upgrade through my browser and get this in the ACP...

Quote:Your Version Latest Version
1.4.1 (1401) 1.4.2 (1402)

Your copy of MyBB is out of date. Please upgrade to the latest version of MyBB by visiting the MyBB Website.

I'm not sure what I might be doing wrong.

There are other files then the upgrade script that need to be updated... Follow the upgrade procedures in the announcement thread.
i ran the upgrade on my main hosting which is on x10hosting and it was clean

but when i ran it on my shared forum which is on zymic hosting it duplicated the setting
i am gonna run a clean install on my shared forum
I thought I had followed the instructions, I downloaded the "mybb_1402_changed_files.zip" file, then uploaded the files within that to the forum route, then I uploaded the upgrade.php (I actually uploaded the whole "install" directory that's in the new version file "mybb_1402.zip"). But even after trying again, I'm not showing as having the newest version.
Pages: 1 2 3 4