MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: No chat will work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been through this before. PJIRC chat gives me red X on IE5,6 and7... Gives me "applet loading" (which lasts forever) on everything else. Tried to upload AJAX chat and when I do the /forum/chat/install.php it tells me

Error-Report: Database connection failed. Error-Code

Anyone?????? The site is www.shitcanpolitics.com/forum
I just got AJAX to work. The secret is to do the manual install of the tables into your forum database. The second tip is to put the database details in the config.php file in the lib folder. They all say "null" but you have to fill in all of them except the last two. Do this and it works perfectly. It's a beautiful program and is integrated very nicely with MyBB.

I searched this forum for days before I finally figured out what to do. If someone needs help with this, send me an e-mail with your error. I worked so hard at this, I hate to see someone have to go through it.
(2008-12-14, 11:48 PM)Charles7909 Wrote: [ -> ]I just got AJAX to work. The secret is to do the manual install of the tables into your forum database. The second tip is to put the database details in the config.php file in the lib folder. They all say "null" but you have to fill in all of them except the last two. Do this and it works perfectly. It's a beautiful program and is integrated very nicely with MyBB.

I searched this forum for days before I finally figured out what to do. If someone needs help with this, send me an e-mail with your error. I worked so hard at this, I hate to see someone have to go through it.

hi i'm having a problem in installing the ajax chat .... i tried the second method but getting the same error... can u tell correctly wat to enter in the five fields instead of null.....
I'm not overjoyed with my solution but I'm using http://www.addonchat.com/ until I come up with something better.
(2008-12-14, 11:48 PM)Charles7909 Wrote: [ -> ]I just got AJAX to work. The secret is to do the manual install of the tables into your forum database. The second tip is to put the database details in the config.php file in the lib folder. They all say "null" but you have to fill in all of them except the last two. Do this and it works perfectly. It's a beautiful program and is integrated very nicely with MyBB.

Could you help?

I get this when I go to chat/install.php

Query: DROP TABLE IF EXISTS ajax_chat_online; Error-Report: Error-Code:

I get this when I go to /chat:

Query: SELECT userID, userName, userRole, channel, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(dateTime) AS timeStamp, ip FROM ajax_chat_online ORDER BY userName; Error-Report: Error-Code:

PM me or reply.

Thanks.