MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Rate User
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I find that having the Star System reflect post count is rather redundant, seeing as how the post count is already publicly viewable. So, I'm looking for a way to make the star system more usable. I have several ideas and would be interested if anyone finds them to be worth pursuing.

The first, and most obvious, is to make stars reflect the reputation system. This could easily be done by using the Promotion System. However, I had to disable the reputation system on my board due to user abuse. However, if there was a way to limit use and viewing of the reputation system to only certain user groups, this could be a great way to do it.

Another idea I had would be to utilize a system similar to how threads are rated. You could simply mouse over the stars under a user's name and rate them that way. Again, I would only find this useful if it could be limited by user group.

So, any suggestions or comments?
You can limit the use of the reputation system in the ACP.

Users & Groups > Edit Group > Users and Permissions > Reputation
(2008-09-17, 06:18 PM)RenegadeFan Wrote: [ -> ]You can limit the use of the reputation system in the ACP.

Users & Groups > Edit Group > Users and Permissions > Reputation

I don't want the rep system to even be visible to users in certain groups. I can't find a way to do that.
Okay, so I've revised the idea of exactly what I would like. Simply put, I would like a system that allows administrators to add/remove single stars from an individual user. Can anyone do this for me?