MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Wrong time in right timezone.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
EN:
Hi. I am running MyBB 1.42

Currently, it's 14:50 at me (GMT +1/Germany).

My board tells me it is: 13:50
My Server tells me: 14:50:13 CEST 2008

MyBB timezone setting shows: 13:50(GMT +1)

why does mybb think that it's 13:50?

thanks. Smile
Do you have day light savings time turned on?
(2008-09-17, 01:33 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have day light savings time turned on?

yes, it's activated in admin-cp and in user-cp (at my own user).
the time doesnt change if i turn it off.
I've seen this problem several times. It's one of those annoying niggles and is seen when MyBB is first set up. I set the right time zone and turn DST off. After some time, you will notice that the clock is an hour out and then you can turn the DST on and magically, all becomes right.

I have seen lots of quirks like this but they never seem serious enough to warrant attention.
Well I just ran into the same problem today. It's not a serious problem, but it is a problem that really should be addressed.

It's the the DST function of MyBB is borked a bit. I have 3 other pieces of forum software, chat software, and a few other pieces of software, and they all handled the time change just fine last night.

Seems like something MyBB might want to focus some time on getting right.

Setting time and time zone is something that should just work, it's not like the code is not out there, which does work correctly. Check Invisions and phpBB code...both of them changed with no problems at all.

Plus the list of time zones should have the default list of large cities that fall within that time zone. So rather than GMT -5:00 Hours (10:30AM)....it should be something more like GMT(-5) [New York, Boston, Miami etc..]

You get the idea.

Next version or two really should have quite a bit of focus on getting the time zones and DST changes done correctly, set up once when you set up the forum....and done with it. Should never ever have to think about it again.
Oh, Dont Even Remind With That Timezone. It Always An Hour Out Or Above. Today I Finally Got It Just Right
It's easiest to get right if you tick the box if daylight savings is in effect, and then adjust the time zone to get the correct time. Then when daylight savings is turned off, the date will be ok.
(2008-11-02, 03:17 PM)bobofett Wrote: [ -> ]Well I just ran into the same problem today. It's not a serious problem, but it is a problem that really should be addressed.

It's the the DST function of MyBB is borked a bit. I have 3 other pieces of forum software, chat software, and a few other pieces of software, and they all handled the time change just fine last night.

Seems like something MyBB might want to focus some time on getting right.

Setting time and time zone is something that should just work, it's not like the code is not out there, which does work correctly. Check Invisions and phpBB code...both of them changed with no problems at all.

Plus the list of time zones should have the default list of large cities that fall within that time zone. So rather than GMT -5:00 Hours (10:30AM)....it should be something more like GMT(-5) [New York, Boston, Miami etc..]

You get the idea.

Next version or two really should have quite a bit of focus on getting the time zones and DST changes done correctly, set up once when you set up the forum....and done with it. Should never ever have to think about it again.

We do have the DST and time zones correct. I havn't had to modify my DST since 1.4 because it now automatically detects it. You don't have to change the timezone at all unless you move. If your having problems, it's a separate issue and you should provide more specific information on what exactly the issue is.
Using 1.4.4
No matter what I set the time for in Config/Board settings/Date and Time formats
When I "view forum" it always shows GMT not the setting (-7 in my case) The setting sticks, I've tried turning DST on and off, and even tried a totally wrong setting and nothing changes the time from GMT on the forum. Tried reloading and reentering.
Yes, if you're changing it in the ACP. it will not affect current memebrs, only new members and guests, you have to change it in the UserCP.
Pages: 1 2