MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb 1.4.2 upgrade problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
yes i agree with Ryan..........

i have tried again and it was done cleanly ..............
no problem at all.
Quote:The only conclusion I can reach is that those who are having the problem never realized it until now, or didn't update all their files properly before running the upgrade.

I admit this might have happened.

I have a test forum I just upgrade to 1.4.2 from 1.4.1. I may not have noticed that when I upgraded to 1.4.1 from 1.4.0 the bug. Since it's a test forum I don't usually alter normal settings just my plugin work.

Someone needs to confirm if a fresh 1.4.1 install will create this problem. I can't exactly recall if I had upgraded my 1.4.1 from a 1.4.0 or a fresh install. Dammit.

I am just going to fresh install my test. Mybb Central upgraded from 1.4.1 -> 1.4.2 without problems. It was never a 1.4.0 so that leads me to believe Ryan might be right and those with duplicate settings may not have realize this from 1.4.1. Sounds like it's a lot of "test" forums too.

Odd.
(2008-09-18, 01:23 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-09-18, 06:06 AM)EviLito Wrote: [ -> ]I remove the duplicates manually.. but... guys at the staff, are you aware of this? it's really weird Confused

I just confirmed (again) we reverted the code that was causing the problems in 1.4.1. I also have upgraded multiple forums with the Changed file ZIP Archive, all of which, including my own, does not experience this problem.

The only conclusion I can reach is that those who are having the problem never realized it until now, or didn't update all their files properly before running the upgrade.

I didn't get this problem on my live forum too..
but more then 3 people (on my arabic support forum) report the same problem.
and one of them was upgrading (tested on localhost) from fresh mybb 1.4.1 to 1.4.2
and had the same problem
(2008-09-18, 01:23 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]The only conclusion I can reach is that those who are having the problem never realized it until now, or didn't update all their files properly before running the upgrade.
I have now (as advised) repeated the upgrading process (three times), and am still experiencing these problems. On the third attempt, I, instead of replacing the existing files, deleted the old ones and uploaded the changed ones (as suggested by Matt_), but still am I experiencing the problem of double-settings and continuous ACP session-reauthentication.

Another problem I have discovered (with my forums, anyway) is that in the ACP -> Users & Groups -> Users -> Browse Users, where it should display all my users, it is only displaying me, the super-admin. I say super-admin because there are other administrators on my boards who do not appear. Is this just a configuration setting I have checked the wrong box for?

Thank you.
I double checked this with an arabic user's forum, the settings it self get duplicated (not the settings group)

I don't know what cause that.
but the only wrong thing I saw in this forum, that, the upgrade_data table wasn't use the utf-8 charset..
Well, I have been having this problem too, but luckily I have a backup of the settings. One quick question though, how do I just take 2 of the backup files and put them back onto the database rather than all of them?
(2008-09-18, 01:23 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]The only conclusion I can reach is that those who are having the problem never realized it until now, or didn't update all their files properly before running the upgrade.

The odd thing is I only ran in to this bug on one of the two forums that I run that use MyBB. They're hosted in similar environments (shared hosting). I'm quite capable of following instructions and not really sure why the settings were duplicated. I'm just glad fixing it was easy enough. Smile
There was a bug in a script, if you download the fix you'll be ok.
The board I've been working on was a fresh 1.4.0 install - upgraded to 1.4.1 - and (literally) just now upgraded to 1.4.2. Everything worked perfectly... a few changes I'll need to make due to the custom things I have but apart from that, nothing out of the ordinary...

I suggest to everyone that they just cross their fingers Rolleyes

The only thing I can really suggest is to revert to a backup, then make a copy of it in a test directory (complete with a seperate database to go with it). Try the upgrader on that board... that way you're "live" version won't be effected...
I 'think' the download was upgraded, so you may have gotten the fixed version.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7