MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: View relationships among tables?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have been tasked with cleaning a bunch of forum entries and importing back into the forum database the cleaned entries. The posts, threads, and users have been cleaned by exporting the database information and then using MS Excel via XML manipulation, but because I do not know the relationships between all the tables in myBB, I am unsure of all the entries in the database which need to be changed as a result of the changes made to certain information contained in certain tables in myBB.

Is there a way to view (or otherwise acquire) the relationships between tables in myBB so that I can see all the fields in all tables which need to be changed when, for example, changing the user information?

Any help to accomplish the above goal is appreciated.

Thank you,
edsager
We store info in MyISAM tables which don't hold relationship information. For the users table, most of the stuff there is independent from other tables, except the uid.

What information are you looking to change?
The problem which has come up comes from the fact that the new BB was a conversion from UBB Classic and that somehow corrupted the authors of the posts data. The posts seem fine.

So I am trying to change the authors of the posts from the dirty data to the cleaned data. My problem comes from not knowing how and where to put all the cleaned user data so that all the tables get the cleaned data.

I appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks,
edsager
The user's profiles are stored in mybb_users. However for posts, a cache of the username is stored in mybb_posts. Values of custom profile fields are stored in mybb_userfields. If you describe which column you're trying to clean maybe we can give more detailed info.