MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Update Guide Please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to update my MyBB 1.4.1 to 1.4.2. How do I do that? I'm running my forum with cPanel X on x10 Hosting.
You can follow the instructions in the 1.4.2 announcement thread
Well I replaced all the files from my cPanel X file manager with the 1.4.2 files and this came up when I tried to access my forum:
Warning: require_once(/home/charlesh/public_html/inc/init.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/charlesh/public_html/global.php on line 19

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/charlesh/public_html/inc/init.php' (include_path='.:/x10hosting/php2/pear/PEAR') in /home/charlesh/public_html/global.php on line 19
Well I did a backup but I must have done it wrong..... I tried to restore and nothing changes. Darn.

Can someone give me the file for v1.4.1 so I can upload it and try again?
Do you mean you replaced ALL the files, or just the ones in the changed files pack??

If you install a backup you have to run the upgrader.
well did i think if you have replaced all the files you have not done this quite right even Smile

check this file is it there??

home/charlesh/public_html/inc/init.php

for any older version of MyBB go there

http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Versions
Ah there's that list.

You only upload the changed files when upgrading, otherwise you overwrite config.php and settings.php.
well Matt you forget about the list??? :O
Well, I just didn't know the link Toungue
OOPPPSSS i thought you might have forgotten Smile