MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New user with question about SEO
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Everyone,

I am not sure if I have posted this in the correct section of the forum, but it is a question about the SEF Urls produced by MyBB.

I am seriously thinking about switching from my basic Fireboard forum on my Joomla site to MyBB.

Currently however, I have a hack that re-writes the URLS in my forum to include the thread title in the URL...
e.g. This thread would be called something like... /11-new-user-with-question-about-seo.html

The search engines love it, and I get alot of traffic because of it.

I understand that myBB 1.4 comes with SEF urls as standard, but they appear to be in the fomat of /thread-21.html, which I don't really like.

Has anyone developed a hack or mod to include the thread title?

Many thanks for your replies.

Chris.
There is an SEO hack, however, it is very buggy and I wouldn't recommend using it. I had to disable it on my site because it caused so many problems, and the author does not appear to be active.
(2008-09-18, 10:28 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]There is an SEO hack, however, it is very buggy and I wouldn't recommend using it. I had to disable it on my site because it caused so many problems, and the author does not appear to be active.

It's still being actively updated just like the other spicefuse plugins(I'm guessing your using the one on their site since it's the only one I know) but it's still in beta like many of their plugins. So it's no surprise it's buggy.

So if you want to keep those urls instead of the SEO urls that MyBB provides(what you see on this site) you may want to wait for updating to 1.4 since I don't recommend using beta's on live sites.