MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unread Posts Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello!
I have a question - is theare any mod for unread posts?

I'ld like to count unread posts and add new link in header (ex. "Show unread posts") - it will redirect to search and show topics which includes unread posts.

New posts should be mark (example, in footer of message: "You didn't read this post!") and delete from the unread posts list if we saw.

There exist similiar mod for phpbb3 and it calls "View or mark unread posts".

Sorry for my bad English...
Click 'View New Posts' in the welcome block.
No, it's not this.

If I login, i can click "View New Posts" and see new posts since last visit but if I logout and login again, there will not be any new posts...

Mod should remember which posts are unread. I'ld like to note:

It isn't the same.
I'ld like to can see all unread posts.
Well you can see which forums have unread posts from the index, and then in each forum you can see what threads are unread.
Yes, but it isn't too comfortable - users don't have any option to show all of topics with unreads posts :/

In addition, unread posts aren't mark...
Well it shows if you have read a thread or not... how will it know if you have actually read each post of a thread?? Confused
(2008-09-19, 02:44 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Well it shows if you have read a thread or not... how will it know if you have actually read each post of a thread?? Confused

The system Something Awful uses for indicating unread posts is quite good.

Also, I totally support this idea. Sometimes I don't have time to check all the new posts and they reset themselves.
MyBB can only know if a thread has been read... and by read, it means opened. It can't tell whether each single post has been read by the user.
Sure it can. If MyBB knows when the thread was last read, any posts newer than that would be considered unread would it not?
Yeah I know, that's what it does now, but I think what they mean is that is says when an individual post has been read. What else could be programmed other than marking the thread as a whole as read??

From the original post: "You didn't read this post!".

How can MyBB know if you have actually read the content of that actual post??
Pages: 1 2