MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quick reply messed up after an edit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was trying to edit the showthread_quickreply template to prepare for installing a modification, however something went wrong, terribly wrong.

I did the edit wrong on accident, saved the changes without knowing and messed up my quick reply for the Blue Fusion 1.4 theme. I tried adding the exact code back I deleted, but it didn't work.

On top of that this minor mishap that happened with editing the template caused a much larger problem/bug.

Now every one of my themes/templates are missing a showthread_quickreply template, so I am unable to use the quick reply. I never deleted this template nor would I even think about it because I know it is needed for the quickreply to function.

Is there any way to get the showthread_quickreply template back without doing an entire restore of the database? I had new users register and post before this bug occurred and would hate for them to need to register again, they would also lose their posts to.
Just revert the template.

Didn't you know what feature was there?? Confused
(2008-09-18, 07:16 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Just revert the template.

Didn't you know what feature was there?? Confused

I can't revert templates that don't exist. This bug, deleted all the showthread_quickreply templates in all my themes, I am left with a semi/non-working showthread_quickreply template for the Blue Fusion theme.

In the other templates/themes, this template mysteriously vanished after the mistake/bug occurred.
Well it's not a bug, you just deleted them.

They might have been moved to Global Templates... look there and move them back.

You can't actually delete default templates.
There's no way I could of deleted that template in all of my themes considering I wasn't even editing them at the time this problem started occurring.

There was no other template I was editing or had open at the time, so it isn't possible that I deleted that template from all of my themes.
As I said before, you can't delete default templates anyway.

Have you looked in Global Templates??
I fixed it, I had to create a new showthread_quickreply template for the themes that were missing it, then I copied the code from a theme that still had the quick reply/showthread_quickreply in tact.
Well I'm glad it's sorted, but you're the second person in 2 days to delete a default template and I'm wondering how you've managed it Toungue