MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Uploading attachments does nothing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2008-09-19, 12:29 AM)keiran Wrote: [ -> ]Hey there,
I'm having a weird problem and getting no error messages to point me in the right direction! Every time I try to attach a file (regardless of the file extension) it appears to do something, the page refreshes and I'm back to the post but no files attached. I've gone into the uploads folder and nothing there either.

Out of interest I tried to upload an avatar to see if that worked and this time got an error. The file is a (.jpg) and meets the criteria set out (i.e 100x100 < 10KB)

Quote:Please correct the following errors before continuing:

* The file upload failed. Please choose a valid file and try again.

The folder permissions are set to 777.

I did a bit of searching around here and found this post and changed the relevant bit of code in functions_upload.php but the same problem persists.

Any help would be much appreciated!

http://www.grampianrcc.co.uk/new/forum

Keiran
same here Sad
(2008-09-23, 10:10 PM)SteelD Wrote: [ -> ]I tried editing several. I tried adding one. I tried deleting one. I still can't add attachments.

Do you see the attachtypes cache in the Cache Manager?
Maybe this is a bug. i use MyBB 1.4.2. I have a temporary how to upload the attachments.

This bug happened
when you create the new thread/topic and upload attachment. the add attachment button does not add anything.

Temporary Fix
1. Create the new thread/topic without upload any attachment then post it.
2. Edit the new post in Full Edit mode and upload the attachment then it will success.
Yes, I can confirm that it is possible to add attachments to an existing post and attachments may be added to replies but attachments cannot be made to posts starting a new thread.

Correction: I've found an existing post where I cannot add an attachment. Sad

Maybe one of the mods should move this to the bugs section.
(2008-09-24, 07:19 PM)SteelD Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I can confirm that it is possible to add attachments to an existing post and attachments may be added to replies but attachments cannot be made to posts starting a new thread.

Correction: I've found an existing post where I cannot add an attachment. Sad

Maybe one of the mods should move this to the bugs section.

Just another "Me Too" post from me.. I have exactly the same symptons/problem.
I thought it was something I was doing wrong.
Yeah, having the Avatar problem with 1.4.1
This is such a weird bug. I wonder why no errors are displayed when this occurs.
I would like to say ME TOO! to all of the above.

I can insert an attachment on a reply but cannot on a new topic.

I'll need a solution to this one before I convert all my sites! Anyone got a clue?
Was this working ok for all the beta and alpha testers? What would make it not work on the final release?
I think this is by now a known bug with 1.4.2... I'm sure it'll be fixed for 1.4.3... for now, just upload attachments with a full edit.
(2008-09-26, 07:22 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]I think this is by now a known bug with 1.4.2... I'm sure it'll be fixed for 1.4.3... for now, just upload attachments with a full edit.
After experiencing the upgrade from 1.4.0 to 1.4.2, I don't fancy going through another upgrade in a hurry. And, of course, attachments still don't necessarily attach even with a full edit. Sad
Pages: 1 2 3 4