MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Custom User Title?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was PM'd by one of my users who said he can't seem to find the "custom user title" setting in his UserCP anymore. I thought he was just being stupid, but then I went to find exactly where it is. I can't find it either. Is it in some obscure place or should I be worried that somehow it's gone missing?

I'm running 1.4 (haven't upgraded to 1.4.1 or .2 yet). I've checked the options in the AdminCP and it is set to allow custom user titles. Both the user who asked and myself have a custom title, we just can't change it now.

Is this a known bug with 1.4 that will be fixed by upgrading? I didn't find anything by searching the forum here. Just for the record, where IS that setting supposed to be?
These must be in here......
User Control Panel > > Edit Profile

I have both 1.4 and 1.4.2 on my local system 1.4 and therez no problem with me on that.

can you give me the forum url and test username and pass
I can PM it to you if you want. My site meets the criteria for sites that may not be posted here Smile
oki..........
I'm having this same problem. The custom user title section is simply missing from the edit profile page. The additional contact information section and away information has been moved up to replace it.

http://www.zoidsonslaught.com/forums
Username: test
Password: test1234
Are you sure the usergroups have the permission to change it??
I'm the admin, even my account doesn't have it. I've checked the usergroups anyway and they have the permissions.
Solved this problem. The users had additional usergroups selected who couldn't use custom user titles, even though their primary user group could. I would have thought that the primary user group options would over ride the additional groups.