MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Verification Images for Signup Malfunction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,
Just installed the board on my server.. all seems to be working.. except that users cant sign up due to 2 issues

1. the image verification tool to prevent bots from signing up is not displaying images at all
2. If I add a custom field that is required for the profile creation then they cant type into the box and then wont allow them to sign up since there is nothing entered into the text field.

Please help?
thanks
I have also found the other threads, reinstalled the inc/captcha_fonts files and ensured they were in binary, and that still did not fix the issue.
I also deleted the files within the folder and that also did not fix the problem
Can anyone help with this?
Having the same problem.. Deleted the files inside the captcha_fonts folder and stil having the same issue
I get this warning box

There was an error fetching the new captcha.

The image verification image you are trying to refresh does not exist.

Any solutions? my forum is at www.blacktopsinners/forums
I had the same prob (still do) I heard that if you are using a freehost (who posts ads on your site) they may be trying to post ads where the image goes. Are you using a free host?
Do you have a link to your forum?

Great input Jahangir Sleepy ... The image verification not showing might be to do with the GD library too (I think, sometimes) - make sure your server supports it and has the latest version...

Have you installed any custom plugins or themes since you installed?
You missed the .com

Check all the captcha files are in the right place.
Free hosts often mess up CAPTCHAs... find one that doesn't.
Not free host.. paid hosting at godaddy.com
Forum URL is www.blacktopsinners.com/forums
yeah I deleted and reinstalled all the captcha files into the right directory..
Nothing changes.. still the same problem
There is junk being outputted at the top of all your pages.
���Mac OS X        ����	���2���������������������������������������������ATTR;�������������*����������������������*��com.apple.quarantine�0000;48d34589;Firefox;|org.mozilla.firefox�����������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������This resource fork intentionally left blank   ���������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������

Did you modify any core files? I suggest reuploading all your files from a clean MyBB download. Did you run your antivirus through the package by any chance? Seems to be some Mac antivirus program.
may i ask who hosts your site?

from a quick look it looks like theres something wrong with the captcha.php file

Can you show us a screenshot of the problem your having showing the error message
Pages: 1 2