MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Allowed HTML Tags
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there an option to specify what HTML tags are allowed? If so, where? Or are all HTML tags allowed?
I think it's either completely on or completely off... a plugin would have to be created to specify.

What tags do you want to be allowed and disallowed??
Well, there's a difference between strong and b, so I just wanted to know if there was a setting and what currently was allowed.
What's the difference??
(2008-09-19, 01:33 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]What's the difference??

I'm sure someone who knows the difference between old and new browsers could tell you.
AFAIK, <b> just got phased out, like <center> had been replaced with <div align="center">.
(2008-09-19, 01:39 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]AFAIK, <b> just got phased out, like <center> had been replaced with <div align="center">.

Some people still use HTML 4.0 instead of 4.01; like me, I don't like XHTML standards either.
What HTML tags do you want to use that don't have a MyCode tag??
(2008-09-19, 01:48 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]What HTML tags do you want to use that don't have a MyCode tag??

It's of no mind anymore. When I run into one, I'll revive this topic.
<strong> and <em> have semantic value, whereas <b> and <i> are presentation tags.
Pages: 1 2