MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: got a new laptop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey guys,

I just bought a new laptop but now I have a problem; my copy of NAV2004 won't install on vista.

So now my dad bought me a symantec antivirus corporate 10.2 ... is this any good? Any experiences with this software? Enough protection for my laptop?
Norton = Symantec

It's probably the same thing except rebranded as a corporate edition, and a bit more professional looking. I'm willing to bet both of them use the same virus definitions.
(2008-09-19, 07:11 PM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]Norton = Symantec

It's probably the same thing except rebranded as a corporate edition, and a bit more professional looking. I'm willing to bet both of them use the same virus definitions and eat up entirely to much resources.

Fixed. Wink
I use that and it's never let me down yet.

Watch out if you have a year's free subscription, the renewal prices are a blueberry.
I would use AVG..
That's what I use, fast and doesn't kill your system resources.
I agree with Kujeo. For a free one I would recommend Avast. Then for paid ESET NOD32 has never let me down Wink
I 'have to' use this, since my dad already paid it ... I can't run a free anti-virus software now. Toungue
It's basically Norton, and that's probably the most commonly known antivirus software.

It tells me when there's a threat, always finds them (I used to have a few virus get through, but since I got this, not one), and it's easy to use and understand, unlike some I've had experience with.

This is in my Norton:

[attachment=11097]

Your dad went with the sensible option - may cost more than some but it's trustworthy.
What kind of laptop is it?
Pages: 1 2 3