MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Warning while upgrading
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
well, you should skip 1.4.1 at all costs
and skip upgrading from 1.2.x directly to 1.4.2

try it this way if you have the time and will
MyBB 1.2.14 -> MyBB 1.4 -> MyBB 1.4.2
Not sure if you were referring to me or not Bas. But if you were i am already running 1.4.1 and no probs. Except the user group thing. But yea like i said i just dont trust upgrades like i did 6 mths ago. Maby im just paranoid or perhaps finally wise. But yea i would prefer a unsecured forum running as apposed to a secure non running forum.
And i think my members do also. LOL.
But i will be here every day reading the problems. Once i get a real handle on the side effects of upgrade then i will perhaps give it a try. But not before a full backup and perhaps a test forum with a duplicate database and structure and even plugins. I just dont want to go down for days again.
(2008-09-20, 06:59 AM)Bas Wrote: [ -> ]How do you know it will?

I tried it of course!

It was a suggestion... seeing as the error involved that file Rolleyes

(2008-09-20, 07:10 AM)SteelD Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-09-19, 07:04 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Forget about the dupe settings, it's been done to death and you can easily sort it out.
For some people, yes, but you assume that the fix to 'your' problem is the same fix for everybody else's problem. It isn't.

You have a chip on your shoulder don't you... duplicate settings is duplicate settings, is it not?? One thing caused it, so one thing should fix it. I sorted mine out within 5 minutes, and I worked it out myself.
(2008-09-20, 08:20 AM)DAMINK Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if you were referring to me or not Bas. But if you were i am already running 1.4.1 and no probs. Except the user group thing. But yea like i said i just dont trust upgrades like i did 6 mths ago. Maby im just paranoid or perhaps finally wise. But yea i would prefer a unsecured forum running as apposed to a secure non running forum.
And i think my members do also. LOL.
But i will be here every day reading the problems. Once i get a real handle on the side effects of upgrade then i will perhaps give it a try. But not before a full backup and perhaps a test forum with a duplicate database and structure and even plugins. I just dont want to go down for days again.

Perhaps it hasn't occurred to you that the few people who post here are the people who have problems. The other 600 people who've downloaded the 1.4.2 changed files package I assume have upgraded with no problems, and that's not counting the people who've upgraded from previous versions.
(2008-09-21, 01:32 AM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps it hasn't occurred to you that the few people who post here are the people who have problems. The other 600 people who've downloaded the 1.4.2 changed files package I assume have upgraded with no problems, and that's not counting the people who've upgraded from previous versions.

I was waiting for you here... Toungue

Why o why do you have different revisions of the same files in mybb_1402.zip and mybb_1402_changed_files.zip??

58 different files to be exact?
[Image: differences_thumb.png]
With all that it is no wonder why some of us have problems.
It all depends who is using what package.
@DennisTT
Not wanting to be rude.. Sorry if it come across that way. Its just me thinking out aloud if you like.
I really do fear updating. I have had so many problems over the last few months.
If someone like you or Labrocca decided to offer "paid" support i for one would be first on it.
Really i am not skilled like you or many others here. And for me sometimes a small problem to you can be a huge one for me. So yea sorry mate. Dont want to sound like a raisin. Its people like you that make this such a solid platform. I dont mean to disrespect you. Andi if i did im sorry.
(2008-09-21, 07:44 AM)DAMINK Wrote: [ -> ]@DennisTT
Not wanting to be rude.. Sorry if it come across that way. Its just me thinking out aloud if you like.
I really do fear updating. I have had so many problems over the last few months.
If someone like you or Labrocca decided to offer "paid" support i for one would be first on it.
Really i am not skilled like you or many others here. And for me sometimes a small problem to you can be a huge one for me. So yea sorry mate. Dont want to sound like a raisin. Its people like you that make this such a solid platform. I dont mean to disrespect you. Andi if i did im sorry.

I didn't mean that. My point was if you're gauging the successfulness of the upgrade process by just monitoring the support forums, then your view would be biased as you may not have taken into account the majority of users who've successfully upgraded, and hence not posted here for help.

(2008-09-21, 06:18 AM)Bas Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-09-21, 01:32 AM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps it hasn't occurred to you that the few people who post here are the people who have problems. The other 600 people who've downloaded the 1.4.2 changed files package I assume have upgraded with no problems, and that's not counting the people who've upgraded from previous versions.

I was waiting for you here... Toungue

Why o why do you have different revisions of the same files in mybb_1402.zip and mybb_1402_changed_files.zip??

58 different files to be exact?
[Image: differences_thumb.png]
With all that it is no wonder why some of us have problems.
It all depends who is using what package.

If you open up a few of them you'll figure out that there is nothing significantly different about them. The only thing I see is that the $Id$ tag in the code header comment is missing. However, if you find any files which are different in the code, please let us know and we'll gladly fix it.
Thanks DennisTT. You are the last person i would want to offend. Yea i agree with you the majority have no probs at all. I guess what i ment is the minority.. People like me who know very little but play heavily with plugins etc will be the first to get errors. Normally because of our stupidity. But that is what i look for. People who have issues with themes etc they modified. So yea sorry DennisTT. I just got so frustrated by the last upgrade when i saw the new one i shivered at the thought. But i will update today or tomorrow and post my result.
Hi,

I apologize for the inconvenience. This issue has been fixed in the MyBB download to prevent it from happening to further people. It happens only when upgrading directly from a 1.2 or previous release to 1.4.1 or 1.4.2
No problem, I am glad you fixed it. Thank you!
Pages: 1 2