MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Alot of forward slashes.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Today I upgraded my forums to the new PR2 and almost every single apostraphe etc. has a "/" infront of it to signify it wasn't part of the code, and yeah, this is everywhere.

http://dreamnova.com/community just to see the damage..Big Grin

But yeah, if anyone could offer some assistance that would be great, and apart from that, great work guys, and seriously, fantastic job, you guys deserve all the cheers you get.

Cheers!
Sweet, thanks for that, however when I applied that script this happened...

mySQL error: 1064
You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's happening with Australia's premiere theme park. When you a
Query: UPDATE mybb_posts SET message='Hi there, and welcome to "the Dreamworld forum", a place where you can check up on what's happening with Australia's premiere theme park. When you are posting on this forum, please remember to follow these simple rules: -keep swearing to a minimum. -DO NOT write in shorthand. -keep punctuation correct at all times -Enjoy your time here. Relax. It's not all rules and regulations. Apart from that, please feel free to jump into the conversation and enjoy your time here at the DreamNova.com forums. Sincerely, Ben Roach.', subject='DreamNova.com Dreamworld Guidelines' WHERE pid='10'

Any help with that would be great, because I've got no clue!
Try this script.

Because the slashing in RC4 and previous versions was dodgy and wrongly applied on some servers the script will be different for people with different confurations.

Let me know if you're still receiving the error when running this one, or if after you run it your threads and posts still contain slashes.

Chris
This time it didn't fail half way through the script, however I am still getting some troubles... http://dreamnova.com/community/showthrea...12#pid3112

Thanks for thelp so far Chris, pure gold.
Okay, try this one for me - hopefully it'll do the job.
I got this. Sorry for being such a pain, but the devotion you've put in Chris is amazing. I'd recommend this place over VBulletin or PHPBB anyday!

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /mounted-storage/home5/sub003/sc12568-QBHD/dreamnova/community/fix-slashes.php:1) in /mounted-storage/home5/sub003/sc12568-QBHD/dreamnova/community/inc/functions.php on line 845
mySQL error: 1064
You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'll be interesting to finally ride it come December or so and se
Query: UPDATE mybb_posts SET message='Excellent photos Adam, and cheers once again. It'll be interesting to finally ride it come December or so and see how the whole launch themeing works, given that a large part of the launch is actually inside by the looks of things.', subject='RE: Superman Construction' WHERE pid='2938'
For me neither of the fix-slashes files worked. I had a look in my DB and it appeared that the earlier post's didn't have slahes (before single quotes) and the later posts did.

In the end I just exported posts and threads tables, did a find \\'' replace '' and then dropped and re-inserted the posts. It doesn't seem to have messed anything else up.
Chris, please let there be a patch! My internet's too slow to export all my posts and threads!
if there's new patch-files created....can they be also made so that they will also consider any and all custom-made profile-fields....had that happen in my custom 'bio'-fields....fixed them manually but could be a pain...
Pages: 1 2