MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Oracle Driver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As some of you may know, Oracle syntax is different to MySQL when it comes to queries; especially table joins.

Not many people know Oracle syntax, but fortunately, I do.

If anyone wants me to translate all of the queries into Oracle format, let me know and I'd be more than happy to Smile
Is this a bad idea?
I think the reason why noone has replied is because currently noone is in need of it.
I think you're very kind to offer to do this. Thanks for being you! Smile
I'm sure the devs will contact you if needed. Wink
We're looking in to expanding the list of DB Drivers soon, it scares me though because as you said, the joins wont work and those queries are hard coded.
Maybe do like the different languages and offer different downloads on the main site?
Chris Boulton Wrote:We're looking in to expanding the list of DB Drivers soon, it scares me though because as you said, the joins wont work and those queries are hard coded.
The best way to solve that problem is to put queries into files, because then translating queries would be a lot simpler and you don't need to make multiple copies of files for the different drivers (if you know I mean).