MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Board Down with MySQL error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is my gear4sale board (see my sig). It's been running fine untouched for weeks and today I see this (see below and attachment).

Quote:MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
2002 - Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server

It's still running 1.4.0 and I've not made any changes for a while. I guess it's something to do with the MySQL back-end. FTR, this is hosted separately to my other boards which are works in progress and which I have upgraded to 1.4.2.

Thanks[attachment=11107]
Open etc/my.cnf

Is the line:

[client] 
socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

in there??
Contact your host if the above doesn't fix your problem.
(2008-09-20, 02:34 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Open etc/my.cnf

Is the line:

[client] 
socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

in there??
Forgive me for asking but where do I find the etc folder?
It should be in the same place as your public_html folder. However it just occurred to me that not all control panels have this... do you use CPanel??
(2008-09-20, 06:56 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]do you use CPanel??
No. Huh
Ah, then I don't know how to access that file Toungue
(2008-09-20, 07:08 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, then I don't know how to access that file Toungue
But why should it have changed? The board has been working fine up until now.
I don't know, that was just something to make sure was correct... I suggest following destroyer's advise now.
I agree. I can't access phpMyAdmin because it says

"phpMyAdmin - error

#2002 - The server is not responding (or the local MySQL server's socket is not correctly configured)"

I've raised a support call with my ISP.

Thanks
Pages: 1 2