MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Improving the ACP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I sometimes get a little frustrated with the ACP and how MyBB works so I am giving some feedback for consideration in a future release.
  1. If I go to Forum Management, I see all my forums. Fine. If I want to edit a sub-forum, I have to click on the parent forum to then display the sub-forums in a list where I may click on an Options button for each. Once I have clicked on Save Forum, I am taken back to the top level again (not the sub-forum screen) and have to drill down again to the next sub-forum. This is tedious. Perhaps some kind of expandable tree display and clicking directly on the required forum would be quicker.

2. If I scroll down the Forum Settings to the Permissions table and then click Edit Permissions, I then lose all on screen indication of which forum I am editing permissions for. Usually this isn't a problem until the phone rings or being otherwise interrupted.

3. If I want a read-only forum for Registered users, I check the Can View? box and leave the others empty. However, it is not obvious until users complain, that the permissions are set to see the forum but not threads within it. I can't see the point of this and requires an extra step to Edit Permissions to correct this.
Please post this idea on http://ideas.mybboard.net if you haven't already (please also search to see if the idea has already been raised).