MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do i backup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2008-09-20, 03:56 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Right, I see, I know what you've done. You've done the upgrade by installing a new board from scratch. This overwrote the tables in your database. Luckily you made the backup - with PHPMyAdmin or some other database manager, upload your backup, and then run the upgrader.

Were your forums always at /Uploads/ though??

thats the way its always been the link
Right, well that's not the way I'd do it but it's not a problem being like that.

Upload the backup like I explained and you should be fine.
okay i am still :s could you please explain step by step what i have to do now Smile
Ok.

First of, what database manager do you have?? PHPMyAdmin??
(2008-09-20, 04:01 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Ok.

First of, what database manager do you have?? PHPMyAdmin??

yes
Brilliant, makes it easier for me Toungue

Go into that, and on the left, you should see a list, with your database in it.

Click that, and you should see a huge list of tables (probably starting with mybb_).

Go down to the bottom and click 'Check All'. Then, just to the right, in the drop down box, choose 'Drop'.

Then, back up at the top, click 'Import'. Browse for your backup file, and click ok. It will take a few minutes to upload so don't refresh your browser.

Then in your browser, visit ./install/upgrade.php. Select the version you were using when you made your backup, and then follow the steps, and you're done Smile
(2008-09-20, 04:07 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Brilliant, makes it easier for me Toungue

Go into that, and on the left, you should see a list, with your database in it.

Click that, and you should see a huge list of tables (probably starting with mybb_).

Go down to the bottom and click 'Check All'. Then, just to the right, in the drop down box, choose 'Drop'.

Then, back up at the top, click 'Import'. Browse for your backup file, and click ok. It will take a few minutes to upload so don't refresh your browser.

Then in your browser, visit ./install/upgrade.php. Select the version you were using when you made your backup, and then follow the steps, and you're done Smile

i done what u sed it took ALL databases away dnt work do you have teamviewer
It took all the databases??
(2008-09-20, 04:16 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]It took all the databases??

yep
(2008-09-20, 04:16 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]It took all the databases??

yep
Well that's impossible, that process deletes the tables in your database.

PM me your log in details to access PHPMyAdmin and email me your backup.
Pages: 1 2