MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.4.2 Upgrade Double Settings Fix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Attached is a simple method to fix double settings.

Instructions:

Upload the file to your root mybb folder.
/root/double_delete.php

Then access the file via your browser.
http://www.domain.com/mybb/double_delete.php

This will copy only your unique settings to a new table, delete your old settings, then rename the copy back to original. It's dirty fix but it works and it's fast method.

Also I have file setup so only Super Admin can run it. If you get a permission error you must edit your /inc/config.php and enter your uid for the Super Admin variable.

That's it.
No and Yay! I just deleted my tables, how could you release this so late? Well, thanks anyways!
Sorry I decided to go out last night to the bar and pretend I have a life outside of mybb. Smile
(2008-09-20, 06:09 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry I decided to go out last night to the bar and pretend I have a life outside of mybb. Smile

Haha Toungue
Thanks for this
Very good fix btw labrocca Smile
Great thanks for this fix
it worked but it does not fix the Admin CP problem

plus, some of settings are still doubled..
Run this again then. What settings are doubled?

This runs by "name" column.

EDIT: I went in and properly run the double delete..seemed to work fine for me. As for your admincp problem...I logged in just fine.
thanks for this tip labrocca

when I had this problem in mybb 1.40 > 1.41 upgrade I´ve cleared "mybb_settings" and "" then did run a sql query with my 1.40 data of this table... otherwise my plugins settings were lost

1.41 > 1.42 upgrade gone smooth
Pages: 1 2 3